Many people love coffee but cannot tolerate it or are allergic to it. Most of us love the rich smell of coffee, the feeling of greatness it gives us in the morning. We know that we cannot step out of the house without that cup of strong smelling brew.
What is it in coffee that makes us sick? Some experts say it is the caffeine that we do not tolerate or our inability to process the protein in it. Our body reacts to coffee like it is a foreign substance it does not recognize and automatically sends out soldiers in the form of antibodies and we get symptoms like palpitations, shortness of breath, abdominal pain, cramping, skin rashes, or wheezing.
Coffee also has other debilitating properties. It is acidic and dehydrating. It causes insomnia and hyperactivity. Withdrawal symptoms from coffee are also very strong, such as acute headaches accompanied by nausea.
So what are we to do? For every problem, there is a solution. The choice lies with us. We can continue doing damage to our body or we can take another route such as coffee substitutes. There are quite a few varieties of coffee substitutes that are even better than coffee because of their invaluable health benefits.
Let me share with you the ones I have drunk and that I find wonderful and some others people have recommended to me. I know that most of them are more expensive than coffee but they are well worth the cost. Also, we all have different tastes so you may find your own trove that is just as great.
- Teeccino coffees: Hazelnut, Vanilla Nut, Dandelion French Roast, French Roast, Maya Chocolate, and Original. I love the Hazelnut the most but the others are just as great.
- Celestial Seasonings Roastaroma Herb Tea. It is a strong brew that smells and tastes almost like coffee.
- Cafix coffee offers a rich coffee-like flavor. I have not drunk it but I was told it is great.
- Pero coffee substitute is a rich coffee-flavor brew.
- Dandy Blend tastes like a rich, full-bodied cup of coffee.
- Yogi Organic Jamaica Roasted Spice Tea has a delicious aroma.
- Kaffree Roma Roasted Grain is made of natural barley, malt barley, and chicory and is absolutely delicious.
Coffee substitutes are caffeine-free, non-acidic and non-dehydrating. They offer many health benefits because of the ingredients used such as dates, figs, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, chicory, cardamom or almonds among others. I recommend that you do your own research by visiting the above coffee substitutes’ website and make up your own mind for what suits you best.
In the pursuit of optimal health, we all must face our own journey. So, may your morning coffee and your coffee breaks be enjoyed via a healthy and aromatic coffee substitute delight!!!!