There are days when we are not in the mood to do a darn thing. We just want to sit in front of the TV and chill. And then we realize that we have not exercised the whole week and we feel a little guilty. Just a little bit! 🙂 So we try to figure out what we could do to ease this guilt. I call such a day the Chair Fitness Day.
Here we have a whole session in front of the TV while we are not even thinking about it. We just keep watching TV while seated on our couch and we simply enjoy the ride. Remember not to exercise right after eating. It is important to wait minimum 1-2 hours. We also must remember that we exercise per our own endurance, tolerance and condition. For some of us, 5 times may be enough and for others it may be 25. We must look at fitness as our own personal journey.
So here we go, sit up straight with feet touching the ground:
- 15 times – Raise arms up and then bring down bending elbows to reach the waist
- 15 times – Spread arms out to shoulder level and then bend arms for hands to touch shoulders
- 15 times – Twist upper body as far as possible to the right, to the center and then to the left, arms bent, elbows at waist level and hands touching shoulders
- 15 times – Bend upper body to the right, left arm up in a curve over the head and then to the center
- 15 times – Bend upper body to the left, right arm up in a curve over the head and then to the center
- 15 times – Lift right leg up and then down to ground
- 15 times – Lift left leg up and then down to ground
- 15 times – Lift both legs up and then down to ground
- 15 times – 5 or 10 lbs dumbbells arms exercises. Hold one dumbbell in each hand. Raise arms straight up and then back down bending elbows to reach the waist
- 15 times – Hold one dumbbell in each hand. Spread arms out to shoulder level and then bring hands/dumbbells to shoulders
- 15 times – Bend upper body down with head touching the knees and then come back up
- 15 times – Turn head as far as possible to the right, to the center and to the left
Now it is time to pat ourselves on the back because we accomplished two things in one session. We watched TV and we exercised at the same time. We now feel great because we took care of the guilt trip. 🙂